FUTIA Post UTME Screening Form 2023/2024 Academic Session | www.futia.edu.ng
Federal University of Science and Technology, Ikpa Ibekwe, Ikot Abasi (FUTIA) Admission Post UTME Screening Application Form 2023/2024 Academic Session is on sale.
The administration of the Federal University of Science and Technology, Ikpa Ibekwe, Ikot Abasi (FUTIA) is accepting applications for its Post-UTME screening process for the 2023–2024 academic session.
See Also: UNIUYO Post UTME Form
FUTIA Cut Off Mark 2023
For an applicant, The Federal University of Science and Technology, Ikpa Ibekwe, Ikot Abasi (FUTIA) post-UTME screening exercise requires candidates to have received a score of at least 140 in the most recent JAMB UTME in order to be qualified to write it.
FUTIA Post UTME Form Screening Eligibility.
Eligibility: ALL UTME candidates who received a score of 140 or higher on the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Examination (excluding those applying for admission to the faculties of Medicine, Law, Pharmacy, Nursing, and Dentistry) and who selected the Federal University of Science and Technology, Ikpa Ibekwe, Ikot Abasi as their First Choice in their application for admission to the institution for the 2023/2024 academic year.
Candidates who did not select FUTIA as their top option are kindly requested to visit the JAMB portal and submit a JAMB Change of Course and Institution application.
How to Apply for FUTIA Post UTME Screening
The Application Process: The admission requirements into the undergraduate programmes of the university is as follows:
- All admissions shall be through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- For admission to 100 Level (via UTME), candidates must: obtain five (5) credits at SSCE (or equivalent) in relevant subjects at not more than 2 sittings including credit passes in English and Mathematics; and attain acceptable points in UTME in relevant subjects
- For admission by direct entry (200 Level), candidates shall, in addition to having five (5) SSCE credits, obtain at least two (2) A’ level (or its equivalent) passes in relevant subjects, or possess 117 National Diploma (ND) with credit passes, or possess a good first degree in another field as the case may be;
- Credit passes in English Language and Mathematics shall be compulsory for admission into all courses
- The university shall not accept transfer students until after at least the first two years of its existence
About Federal University of Technology Ikot Abasi (FUTIA)
In June 2021, the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) gave its approval for the construction of two new Technological Universities in Nigeria’s Akwa Ibom State (in the South-South) and Jigawa (in the North-West).
Before these two universities were founded, the government built four technology universities in Yola (North East), Akure (South West), Owerri (South East), and Minna (North Central). The six technology universities serve as satellite campuses for the proposed National Institute of Technology (NIT), which would be located in Abuja, the nation’s capital.
The NIT is envisioned as a postgraduate center focused on research and innovation that attracts the top graduates from Nigeria’s six technology universities as well as other deserving graduates from throughout the globe.
Ikot Abasi is the location of the university in Akwa Ibom 2 State. The Federal Government appointed the following Principal Officers of the Federal University of Technology, Ikot Abasi on February 16, 2022:
Vice-Chancellor Professor Leo Daniel, Registrar Mrs. Offiongita Essessien Nkang, Bursar Dr. Mbobo Erasmus Mbobo, and Librarian Professor Phillip U. Akor are present.