How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat From Android to iOS: WhatsApp revealed that its customers would soon be able to move their entire communication history from Android to iOS and vice versa. During the Galaxy Unpacked celebration year (2021), this feature was initially disclosed.
Before that, users of WhatsApp had to rely on third-party apps or risk losing their chat history when switching. This function was initially made accessible on the Meta-owned platform through a beta upgrade. Your WhatsApp call and payment history still cannot be transferred using this feature, unfortunately.
Through a tweet, WhatsApp made the new migration capability fully public. The business has highlighted how to move WhatsApp chat history from Android to iOS on its revised FAQ website. Before beginning the transfer, users should keep a few things in mind: their Android smartphone should be running Android 5 or higher, and their iPhone should have iOS 15.5 or higher loaded. Both of your devices should be logged in to the same Wi-Fi network because the transmission takes place wirelessly. Additionally, it is advised that you plug your phones into a power source while performing the migration.
Read: How to Clear Browser Cache Cookies and History for a Faster Computer
According to WhatsApp, some Samsung handsets will first have access to this new migration option. Later, as part of a beta upgrade, the capability was made accessible to a larger user population.
How to Move Chats from Android to iPhone
- Follow the on-screen prompts after opening the Move to iOS app on your Android phone.
- Enter the code displayed on your iPhone on your Android phone.
- Click Continue and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen
- Click Start on your Android phone, and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. You’ll be signed out from your Android phone once the data is prepared.
- Click Next to return to the Move to iOS app.
- Tap Continue to proceed data transfer from your Android phone to your iPhone and wait for Move to iOS to confirm the transfer is complete.
- Make Installation of the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Open the WhatsApp App on your phone and log in with the same phone number used on your old device.
- Tap Start when prompted, and wait for the transfer to complete.
After you finish the new device’s activation, you will be able to see your chats there. Notably, until you make a backup, the transferred data won’t be uploaded to iCloud. Until you delete your smartphone or remove WhatsApp, the data will stay on your Android device.
What you should know before transferring WhatsApp chat history
- Android OS Lollipop, SDK 21 or above, or Android 5 or above installed on your Android device
- iOS 15.5 or above installed on your iPhone
- Move to iOS app installed on your Android phone
- New device WhatsApp iOS version 188.8.131.52 or above
- Old device WhatsApp Android version 184.108.40.206 or above
- Use old phone number on your new device
- Your iPhone must be factory new or reset to factory settings to pair with the Move to iOS app and move data from your Android phone
- Make sure to connect both devices to a power source
- connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network or you’ll need to connect your Android device to your iPhone’s hotspot