Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022/2023 | www.humphreyfellowship.org
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a U.S. government-funded exchange program that brings talented young and mid-career professionals to the country for a year of leadership development, non-degree graduate education, and significant professional engagement with American counterparts.
The program lays the groundwork for long-lasting, fruitful relationships between Americans and their professional counterparts abroad by giving aspiring leaders and decision-makers experience in American society, culture, and fields of endeavor.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program Application Requirements
Candidates MUST come from one of the following fields:
a. Agricultural and Rural Development
b. Economic Development/Finance and Banking
c. Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
d. Urban and Regional Planning
Democratic Institution Building
b. Law and Human Rights
c. Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
d. Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
e. Technology Policy and Management
f. Human Resource Management
a. Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
b. Higher Education Administration
c. Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
a. Public Health Policy and Management
b. HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
c. Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment
d. Contagious and Infectious Diseases
Candidates must either have experience conducting research in the field or have shown they can learn the findings and political ramifications of current research.
Benefits of Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
What the Fellowship offers:
- Paying the allotted host university’s tuition and fees;
- English language instruction prior to academics, if necessary;
- A stipend for maintenance (living), which includes a one-time settling-in stipend;
- Coverage for accidents and illnesses;
- A budget for books;
- An upfront computer grant;
- Air travel (for the Program, both domestic and foreign travel to and from the U.S. is necessary);
- An allocation for professional development that can be used for conferences, business trips, and field trips.
Humphrey Fellowship applications must be submitted online; they cannot be sent to the Public Affairs Section or the Embassy.
The online application requires the following elements:
- Curriculum Vitae detailing overall experience and qualifications;
- Program plan providing details of what the applicants hopes to accomplish through participation in the program;
- Personal statement;
- Recommendations from two referees;
- Copy of undergraduate transcript (original copies will be requested if applicants have been selected for interviews).
Applicants/Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be in the age range of 32-45 inclusive;
- Applicants should have a minimum of five years full-time professional experience (prior to July 2019) in the relevant field after completing a university degree, and should be interested in the policy aspects of their field of specialization;
- Applicants must present a letter of support from their organization showing consent to grant of leave of absence during course of study;
- Applicants must possess managerial or supervisory positions in their organizations;
- Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree;
- Candidates should be proficient in both written and spoken English and be willing to sit for TOEFL (English language proficiency exam) if they are selected for the program.
How to Apply for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
Interested persons can fully gain access to the application at https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey
Humphrey Fellowship Program Application Deadline
Applicants should submit their application online no later than
July 15, 2021
Female applicants meeting the minimum requirement are encouraged to apply.
To gain more information – Visit the Official Webpage of Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022/2023