LSHTM 2023/2024 GSK Scholarship | The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine awards applicants who want to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) program the GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders in Sub-Saharan Africa (LSHTM).
The purpose of this scholarship opportunity is to enhance the ability of African health systems and health-related research. It also supports the development of the next generation of leaders in global health.
About London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is famous for its public and global health research, postgraduate studies, and ongoing education. LSHTM has a global reach and a collaborative culture. It is in a unique position to influence health policy and turn research findings into noticeable effects.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is a constituent college of the Institution of London and a public research university that specializes in public health and tropical medicine. It is located on Keppel Street in Bloomsbury, Camden.
Students who successfully complete their courses receive a University of London degree. Sir Patrick Manson established the organization in 1899 thanks to a gift from the philanthropist B.D. Petit, an Indian Parsi. Since its establishment, it has grown to be one of the most highly placed institutions in global rankings in the fields of public health and infectious diseases
See Also: Top 25 Scholarships in USA for International Students
Aim and Benefits of LSHTM Masters Scholarship
- Tuition costs, which include any field trip costs that are required; and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.
Qualification Requirements for LSHTM Masters Scholarship
- Be citizens of or residents of sub-Saharan African nations;
- Intend to move back to Sub-Saharan Africa after finishing their year of graduate school at LSHTM;
- Submit the extra questions form with the appropriate checkbox selected, attesting that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed program of study;
- Satisfy the minimal English language criteria of LSHTM;
- Possess a first-degree equivalent to a first or upper second class; and
- Hold an admission offer to one of the 19 MSc programs offered by LSHTM in London for the academic year 2023–2024.
How to Apply for LSHTM GSK Scholarship for Future Health Leaders
Are you capable and interested?
To apply, visit London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
There are two steps in the application procedure.
By the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, candidates must meet all eligibility requirements and complete both stages specified below in order to be eligible for the money.
Step 1: Follow the procedures under the “How to Apply” button on the appropriate program of study page to submit an application for a London-based MSc program of study for the academic year 2023–2024.
Step 2: Complete an online scholarship application and select the “2023-24 GSK Scholarship for Future Health Leaders” scholarship from the drop-down menu.
This application must be submitted with a completed Supplemental Questions Form for this scholarship. The only necessary attachment is this one. in Step 2 (as submission of references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study as already been done).
GSK Scholarships Application Deadline
March 1, 2023
To learn more, go to the LSHTM website.